Creative Circle Announces 2017 Annual Award Winners
We're pleased to announce the winners of the 2017 Annual Awards.
All finalists were winners of the Creative Circle Monthly Awards during 2017. Work was judged on innovation, quality and relevance to the brand, target audience and chosen media. The winners for 2017 are:
- In Digital & Interactive, Sanlam’s “Uk’Shona Kwelanga” by King James Group
- In Experiential, Flight Centre’’ “BabyBot” by TBWA\Hunt Lascaris Johannesburg
- In Integrated, Sanlam’s “Uk’Shona Kwelanga” by King James Group
- In Outdoor & Out of Home, Satellife’s “Grey Design” by Grey
- In Print, Commission for Gender Equality’s “He She – Eric, Ethan, Frasier, Steve” by DDB South Africa
- In Radio, KFC’s “Sad Man Meal – No One Cheerses, Long red thin shape, Repeat the Punchline” by Ogilvy Johannesburg
- In TV, Film & Cinema, Surfshack’s “Salt” by Y&R
Another major winner is Alastair King, veteran adverting guru and co-founder of King James Group, who was inducted into the Creative Circle Hall of Fame.
Of the accolade, King said, “It’s pretty overwhelming to receive this kind of accolade. You spend your whole life hoping you will be worthy of this and now that it’s arrived, it’s somewhat surreal. So many previous winners are what drove me into the business and it’s a real privilege to be regarded in the same league.”
In addition to the winners’ announcement, Pete Khoury, Chief Creative Officer at TBWA\Hunt Lascaris, was named new Chairman of Creative Circle following the two-year tenure of Xolisa Dyeshana, Chief Creative Officer at Joe Public.
Khoury says he was honoured to be nominated by his peers and now has to “roll up his sleeves” to add value where he can and put the Creative Circle’s purpose “to inspire the transformation of product, people, and perception through the power of creativity” into practice.
Speaking of his predecessor, Khoury says Dyeshana will be most remembered for the Creative Circle's new forward-looking purpose and its integration with the Loeries for enhanced operational processes.
The awards were brought to a close with the announcement of the Agency and Agency Group of the Year. The top two Agencies of the Year are: First - Ogilvy Johannesburg and Second – King James Group. The top two Agency Groups of the Year are: First – Ogilvy Group and Second – King James Group.
The full Official Rankings will be released at a later date by the Creative Circle.
For a full list of 2017 Annual Awards winners, click here.